Sunday, September 21, 2014

Who I Am as a Writer with a Cause

A very interesting assignment I have received after quite a few years.  This seems to me like an SoP that I used to write for several programs enrollment.

Every writer has a cause.  There is always a reason to write.  No piece of writing is created without a cause or a reason.

For me, the causes to write have changed as I have changed and evolved with the learning from various experiences through time.

During my university years, I wanted to improve my English language, which is a second language for me so I have to make continuous efforts to keep it up to the mark, therefore I started writing a blog.  From that experience - writing and maintaining a blog, I realized that I had interest in writing and I could express myself well in writing.

I got a job in sales and marketing department, where I had to write lot of emails, marketing collateral, tutorials, web content etc.  I can say at that time I was writing for making people understand what they can do with the product they have bought or are going to buy.

I did not get time to write for self-expression during those times.  Now, after marriage, I tried writing the way I used to love doing and I could not.  I realized I had changed inside, but writing made me feel good and it was one of the medium to make me light from inside.  Lot of time had went by without this written self-expression and feelings analysis.

I started some exercises to get myself back on-track.  I usually write as it comes.  It is structured most of the times and I have to make very minor edits.  This happened when I wrote an article a few months back.  This was when I felt I was back!

During my renewal period, I used a technique, something I knew years back but did not use it too much.  I revised the fundamentals while I experienced this miraculous shift.  This is my cause at this time, at this stage in my life.  I want to have everybody experience the shift and become free from the unknown bondage.

Now the technique is quite simple but I found there was something to be done to make it such that it is easy for people to access it, like on a single click.  I found the online presence of it not very accessible and understand.  Since I had worked in sales and marketing department, I thought why not bring that experience to use for this cause.

And I started working on it.  The initial phase was very interesting.  This was a research phase to see what is available online and what is missing that I can add.  I was very much confused but there was something inside me that pushed me to work towards it for hours together.

I found a name after cancelling quite a few.  I also found a way to build a website with the theme that matches the name.  The process then went on.  I used to keep a pen and paper to write ideas when they popped up.  I got the tagline.

Again, I worked on and on for hours without knowing why I was doing it.  Something inside was pushing me.  The website took its wonderful shape with small and big features I wanted to add.  I had to google for days together to find/replace a widget on the site.

I am glad I worked on it and I have a very satisfactory site now.  People all over the world can access it and can get stress free, get rid of any disease (physical or mental) all at a few clicks.  All I have to do now is let people know that such a place exists online.  This is the reason I want to write. 

This is my cause.  I want people to know that they can have better lives easier and quicker than they think.  It is like you are at work in front of a computer and with few clicks you get rid of that nagging stressful thought in your mind!

If one wants to get rid of work stress before going home and does not have time for exercise or relaxation, just few clicks and there it is… one is stress-free.

If there is an ailment that one wants to get rid of, just few clicks everyday for few days depending on the ailment and there it is, one is free from it.

If there is any anger, addiction of obsession one needs to get rid of, just few clicks everyday for few days and one is free from it.

I want more and more people to know about this so they have a choice to get better lives and make smarter choices to enjoy what they already have.  Children are waiting at home for dad to come so they can enjoy movie together, but is dad energized to enjoy the movie with the kids?  He can be, with a few clicks before he leaves work.

No comments:

Post a Comment