Saturday, July 7, 2012

The Balance

I was asked a question yesterday that I could not answer immediately and I had to think on it.  I was surprised at the fact that I could not answer it immediately since the question was “What do you want in your life?”

I have my goals listed in front of me in my bedroom wall.  I read them all, but I could not just say it at the instant.  I thought over it and realized it is because, I am looking for a balance.  A balance between family and my aspirations.

Now the balance is required because, there are more than one persons in the family and everybody has their own aspirations/wishes/desires.  Being a female member, it is expected to support the aspirations of the males – women are the second earners in the family and not preferred as first due to multiple reasons.  It is not fair for women to be considered as the first earner since they have other responsibilities as well. 

Women are expected to change their preference for location of work as per the first earner and if they do not do it – there is no family... I do not want to be a part of such family.

What if the family is expecting her support in fulfilling their own aspirations and are completely unaware of the woman's aspirations in the family?  Do they remain unfulfilled till other aspirations are fulfilled?

I don't know...

This is the question that I am trying to find the answer of.  Of course, for males, it is still critical when their profession is not related to their aspiration, but they do have an option to change the profession.

 A family is a family with a woman – a mother, sister or wife!  Are they even supposed to think about their own aspirations?  The family has to adjust a lot in order to get these done.   Is there any such thing as a balance?  Has any woman achieved a balance between her aspirations and her family?

No comments:

Post a Comment